The former Regent Hotel was built in 1857 and became a well loved feature of the Hill Road area of Clevedon. Its last use as a bar and restaurant ceased in 2005 and the building had been derelict and deteriorating ever since.
Our proposals retained the original Grade II Listed Victorian building and wrapped a new residential development of 20 apartments around three sides. The original facade has been restored along with the original shop front. A second retail unit completes a full live retail frontage to the street.
The modern additions contrast and complement the Victorian building with ashlar and rubble stone facades to provide continuity of materials.